Herndon Festival - Expired Event
Herndon, VA 20170
|Description:||Festival Guidelines and Tips|
Having a great time at the Festival with 80,000 of your closest friends and neighbors is easy... as long as you remember a few guidelines:
1. No alcoholic beverages may be carried into the Festival area.
2. Alcohol sales will end 1 hour before closing.
3. No alcohol may be carried off the Festival grounds.
4. No glass containers, bottles, cans, coolers, kegs, and/or any containers other than plastic or paper cups may be carried into the Festival.
5. All packages, bags, containers, etc. brought into the Festival area are subject to inspection.
6. Bicycles, skateboards, in-line or roller skates, are not allowed in the Festival area. Wheelchairs or scooters for the handicapped are allowed in the Festival area.
7. No animals, except seeing-eye dogs, are allowed in the Festival area.
8. Recycling and Trash containers are located throughout the Festival area. We hope you'll use them!
9. Shirts and footwear are required.
10. Videotaping main stage entertainment is not permitted.
11. The use of squirt guns and/or the spraying of any products, the throwing of balls, frisbees, or other objects are not permitted in the Festival area.
Festival Announcements and Inclement Weather:
While most events and activities are held rain or shine, in the rare event of severe weather, the Festival may close temporarily and then re-open. Umbrellas, ponchos, etc. are good to have on hand. Should it be necessary, announcements will be made from each of the Festival stages regarding emergency procedures.
To check the status of Festival events, call 703-435-6866.
Festival attendees are welcome to bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the performances at any of our stage areas.
First Aid Services:
First aid services are located on the W&OD Trail and are donated by the Fair Oaks Volunteer Fire & Rescue Co., Inc. with assistance from other Fairfax County Volunteer Fire Departments.
Thank you and have a great time at the Festival!
The arts & crafts show will be held June 4 through June 6, a three-day outdoor show, offering 10â x 10â spaces. All items to be exhibited must be hand crafted and created by the applicant.
The set-up of the arts and crafts show is similar to previous years. Sidewalks may not be used during arts and crafts show operating hours. Again, there will be some artists and crafters who will be permitted to keep their display up for the weekend and other artists and crafters will have to breakdown their display and store items next to their booth area.
Similar to last year is the inclusion of Friday evening show hours for those vendors choosing the âLynnâ option. Participation on Friday is considered mandatory when selecting this option.
Please read the exhibitor guide carefully before you choose which booth type is right for you. Space for each type will be limited.
The Herndon Festival will open Friday at 6:00 pm, 10:00 am on Saturday and 11:00 am on Sunday. Most of the arts & craft show will close at 6:00 pm on Saturday. There will be a portion of the arts & craft show that will remain open until 9:00 pm. The Festival closes at 10:00 pm. The Sunday closing time will be 6:00 pm for everyone.
For the past eleven years we have offered a fine arts division. This has added a nice dimension to the show and many Festival participants enjoyed this added specialty. We will continue to have a fine arts division and look forward to receiving those applications.
Applications are still being accepted!
To apply please send a completed booth application along with a non-refundable (if accepted) check or money order payable to the Town of Herndon; or VISA, Mastercard , American Express, or Discover number, four (4) photos showing your work, you making the craft, and your display; and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Vendors not selected will receive back photos if we are provided with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Submit Completed Applications to:
Herndon Parks & Recreation Dept.
Herndon Festival 2010 A&C Exhibits
PO Box 427
Herndon, VA 20172-0427
All art and craft vendors must submit a VA Temporary Sales Tax Certificate/Return ST-50 and forms need to be sent back to the VA Dept. of Taxation.
|Contact name||Ann Hoy|
|Phone||703 435 6800|
|Show hours||Fri 6-9, Sat 10-9, Sun 11-6|
Search for more info on this event:
Google for: Herndon Herndon Festival
|Maps and Directions (from Google Maps)|
For ended craft show, fairs and festivals, please go to our archive page.